Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Later



As I was setting up my tripod and my camera, a brown-skinned guy in his early 30's approach me. He asked me if I could be his friend's wedding photographer. I looked at him and humbly reject his offer and say that I am sorry because I don't know much about that photography style. Also, I don't want to embarass myself; I don't have experience shooting portraits. This story is of course not related to the picture. I just want to share my experience while composing this image.
The reason why I took this image is because this is like a representation of myself. I always want to observe, just observe. I just want to sit alone in a corner, and watch the world move. It is not that I don't care. It is just that I like to think why they do this and that, and probably learn something from what others were doing. The platform might represent me, and the busy backgrounds are the people that I see or encounter every single day.

4 comments:

  1. What a great photo! I love the description of what it represents to you as well. I took a look at your photostream on flickr--you are very talented! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artists are observers, be proud to be an artist. You have a wonderful eye for balance, and compesition. I love to see what photos you have recently posted. Someday you'll be doing wedding photos. And you will do better than most photographers, because most follow a set plan and do the minimum and you'll find the artistry in the occasion and the uniqueness in the people. I know some photographers like you. They started slow and worked at their art before they committed to the driving force of the profession. Keep up the good work.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your heart is in photography, I suggest you pursue it. sometimes it will take a while to achieve your dream, but if you keep doing it you might run into someone needs your talent.

    Josieb.

    ReplyDelete